Although high school prom season is not quite here yet, it doesn’t hurt to be prepared for when your teenager approaches you with the idea to rent a limousine. To help you out, here are five important things to consider before booking a prom limo in Baltimore County, MD for your teenager:
- Get a limo you can afford: Whether you are springing for your teen’s limo or the kids are all pulling their funds together to rent one, a budget must first be set. Keep in mind that most limos charge hourly and oftentimes require a time approximation beforehand. Price parameters may include the number of passengers, pickup location, number of stops, type of limousine, variety of onboard amenities or features and, of course, how long you want to rent the limo.
- Get references: As a parent, always get references for activities involving your child. In this case, ask your family, friends, coworkers, neighbors and people on social media for limo company references. It’s likely that you won’t have any problems with this request, since a lot of folks have utilized a limo service at some point for all sorts of special events. If your teen mentions a particular company, check into it as well.
- Research the company: So, your teenager has just texted you the name of a limousine service they want to book—and since they’re only 16 years old, they need a parent to make the arrangements. Time to jump on the Internet for a research session! Look into the company’s safety record to determine if there have been any accidents reported, and if their business license has ever been suspended and why.
- Request documentation and look at vehicles: Before signing anything, take your teen with you to see the potential prom limo in Baltimore County, MD in person. A visual is the best way to decide on prom transportation, and even gives you the opportunity to reserve the exact limo you look at. And once you have the name of the chauffeur, ask to see his or her limo license and a copy of their driving record. Also, don’t leave without asking about the limo company’s insurance coverage.
- Know about limo features: Even if your teen and his or her friends are pitching in their own money to rent a limo for prom, you still need to do the responsible thing to ensure their safety and wellbeing. A less considered part of limos are the additional features you can get for a more enjoyable time. For example, a hot tub and bar are fantastic for adult birthday parties, and privacy windows and access to a sunroof may be what a bridal party wants. But your underage kids don’t need these things to get to and from a high school prom.
Your teen likely gets only one high school prom, which is why booking a prom limo in Baltimore County, MD is more a special treat than simply driving them to the dance yourself. At American Sedan & Limo Service, we offer a selection of limousines that both you and your teenager can agree on. Contact us today for more information!