All the steps leading up to getting to the airport shouldn’t be a challenge, but it can be for some people—especially during the holidays. If your family always seems slow to get going, then booking a passenger van for airport transportation in Baltimore County, MD may be a good idea! With this in mind, here are some tips for a smooth start to your holiday travel:
- Confirm your pickup time: So, you booked a big van to get your family to the airport on time—or so you think. Although you are likely to get a confirmation call or email from your transportation service, you can always benefit from calling to confirm days and times again—especially since the holidays can sizzle your brain a little.
- Pack in advance: The last thing you want to do is attempt to pack your entire family’s suitcases the morning you are scheduled to fly out. Between showering, grabbing breakfast and getting the kids up and ready, there’s little time to rummage through closets in a panic. Do your sanity a favor and instruct everyone to start packing their suitcases a few days ahead of time. That way, things can be added or removed within that time frame.
- Make a packing list: If you’re worried you might leave an item or a particular piece of clothing behind, take out a notepad and start a packing list. Check things off as you pack them and add to the list when you remember something you want to bring. Writing out your children’s lists can move the process along, because you’ve got other things to take care of, too.
- Leave luggage by the front door: Once packed, make sure all the bags you’re bringing on your holiday trip are right by the front door. Now all you’ll have to do is grab and toss them into the reserved vehicle that will provide your airport transportation in Baltimore County, MD! This also prevents leaving important luggage behind on accident.
- Lock up your home: While the last door to get locked before you leave is likely going to be your front door, make sure all the other doors and windows are locked the night before. Doing so saves time and worry. Do a quick double check on all home security in the morning—check door and window locks, light timers, close curtains and see that your home security system is set. Also, let your security company know the dates you will be out of town.
- Wake up earlier than needed: You may be excited to be going on a holiday vacation, but if you stay up too late the night before your flight, you may sleep in and could miss your plane. And although your scheduled passenger van will be at your house on time, they can’t guarantee getting you to the airport on time if your family is running late. Consider waking up earlier to leave room for error.
Looking for passenger van or limo airport transportation in Baltimore County, MD? Contact our professional and reliable team at American Sedan & Limo Service today.